Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend in Philly - Educon 2.4

This weekend I'll be at the Educon 2.4 Conference where I'll be leading a conversation entitled "Math 2.0 and the Wannado Curriculum." Here's the description:
The power of Web 2.0 is just beginning to become a part of the consciousness of the average math teacher. Historically, emerging media is usually tamed to fit in with the grammar (current paradigm) of school. How can we avoid the same pitfalls with Web 2.0? My response is to create math curriculums that kids actually want to do (i.e. via simulations & games). Lead discussant will pose potential pitfalls and conundrums which the group will try to unravel.
A recording of this event is available at this link.
I'll be sharing about the conference on Twitter @climeguy as well as #educon.
If you are going to Educon let me know via this form.
CLIME Connections #98

No comments:

Post a Comment